As we head into winter and the days become shorter and colder, we find ourselves spending more time at home. To help keep you and your home warm this winter, we have compiled our top five tips.
It is that time of year again where it is dark before you know it and the evenings seem to arrive so much earlier. It also happens to be when we start to think about heating the home and turning on some of the radiators for the first time in more than six months in most cases.
A lot can happen in that time, and it is important to make sure your boiler is ready for the winter ahead. The last thing you want is to be sitting in the cold as we head into the bitter winter months. This post outlines what to check and who is best placed to do so.
– – –
Things you can do yourself
There are several things that you can do yourself at home without needing to call on the expertise of a fully qualified heating and plumbing company such as Aren Heating & Plumbing.
- Turn your heating on – test your heating before the really cold weather hits to see if it is working as it should be. If you notice any problems such as your radiators not heating up, then give us a call and we can help get you fired up again.
- Check the boiler pressure – a change in pressure can drastically affect the hot water travelling around the pipes in your home. If you are unsure how to – please see our ‘how to: repressurise your boiler’ blog post.
- Start the pump – if the boiler is running but the radiators are not getting hot, it could be that the pump is slightly seized, where it has been in the same place over the summer months. Give it a gentle tap to get it moving again.
Things that Aren can do for you
Depending on your current situation and setup at home, we can assist in several ways to help get you ready for winter. For example, we can:
- Service your boiler – one of the best ways to keep your boiler in tip-top condition, not just at wintertime, but year-round is having a regular boiler service carried out. Call us to book yours today or see our boiler service page for more information.
- Perform a power-flush – to remove the sludge and build-up of debris that begins to build up in your pipework over time.
- Replace your old boiler – with a newer model that is built with the future in mind. Newer boilers are less harmful to the environment and are more efficient in heating your home. See our boiler replacement page for more information.
- Repair / replace your radiators – perhaps your boiler is just fine but you have noticed issues with your radiators or just want to replace them with new ones. We can help with that too.
– – –
Need a boiler service / new boiler? Or just a helping hand in preparing for winter? Please head to our Contact page and fill out the online form. Alternatively, you can call us directly on 020 8287 7194. Don’t be left in the cold.