Our knowledgeable and fully qualified team (CPD Accredited by The Institute of White Goods Engineers) at Aren Heating and Plumbing can assist with the repair of a wide range of white goods appliances including those below.
BUILT IN APPLIANCES
No matter the problem you might be facing with your home appliance, our talented team will assess the situation, check the appliance, and provide honest and transparent feedback in a timely fashion. In most cases, we can repair the appliance and bring it back to its original working status. However, there is the small possibility that the appliance is beyond repair – in which case we can provide you with a quote for a like replacement as we are also fully qualified to install new appliances.
Most Common Appliance Repairs We Cover
We cover a wide range of appliances, brands, and specific issues from blown microwave fuses to the dishwasher not turning on. Below are some of the most common appliance issues we cover and can repair.
- Washing Machine Doesn’t Drain – This is a particular common issue that we receive call outs for. It is often due to the build-up of powdered detergent that can block the drain pipes or clog the small drain pump propellers. Other reasons why the washing machine might not drain is because of loose change or bra underwires that get trapped.
- Microwave won’t turn on – This is a common issue and can be for several reasons. However, the most likely reason is the microwave fuse has blown. A blown fuse can be the result of overheating caused by a faulty fan, a misaligned door or a short in the power cord or controller unit. Our engineers will assess and check the unit by removing the fuse, taking a reading of the capacitor, and identifying if there is any charge – before replacing with a new one.
- Microwave plate not rotating – PING. Your microwave alerts you to tell you that your food is done. Only, you open the door and find your meal unevenly cooked. This is likely due to the microwave oven plate not rotating. This can be caused by a faulty drive motor or a damaged roller guide that is hidden within the unit.
- Cooker not getting warm – If you are trying to make a meal and the cooker just won’t get warm, then it is likely one or more of the burners within the unit has become defective or due to a defective heating coil. This will require a replacement of either the coil or burner depending on which part is faulty. Our engineers will assess the unit thoroughly and identify the culprit.
- Dishwasher won’t start – The kitchen worktops are stacked up with dirty dishes as your dishwasher has stopped working. Nobody wants to put on the marigolds and so it’s best to get your faulty dishwasher fixed instead. There are a few reasons why the dishwasher may not start including a faulty motor, the door lock mechanism failing or even as simple a problem as a blown circuit breaker.
The above is just a small sample of the common issues we repair daily. If you have a problem with your appliance and would like it repaired by our fully qualified London based engineers, please head to our contact page.